Cellar Craft Here's what I'm making this month. You?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmf2000

Reaction score
Wine Expert - Limited Edition 2012 - Malbec Bonarda

Ken Ridge - Limited Edition - Shiraz Mataro

Cellar Craft - Argentina Malbec - Minor Tweaks here. Using Liquid Yeast and will probably go in my new oak barrel.

Cellar Craft - Pinot Grigio. Tweaks. White Raisins in the primary. Liquid yeast. This one is for my wife. I make this one frequently one so I'm doing lots of experimentation here.

For New Year's we had a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc which I quite liked. If I can find a kit with the same flavour profile, I will try to sneak that in as well this month.

What are you guys making?

Tim

January 2013 Wine Kits.jpg

pear in the fermenter

strawberry-rhubarb, delaware grape, concord all of these are under airlock and have been racked 3 times

also have elderberries in the freezer to do as soon as I have an empty carboy

I have a Red Mountain Cab in secondary, a half batch of Dragon Blood clearing, and a Belgian Black Ale fermenting.

Winery series Super Tuscan went into my new Vadai just over a week ago.

Wow, I feel like a total slacker underachiever. I only have a MM Renaissance Impressions Amarone (in secondary) and the Ken Ridge - Limited Edition - Shiraz Mataro (pitched yeast today). I had better get moving or I will only be seeing your dust.

Roger

I started making wine two years ago. At the 18 month mark, almost everything I had tasted amazing. The only problem I had was I only had a few bottles left and at this point I only have one bottle (a Cab/Merlot) left. Given that the single best thing you can do for your wine is give it time, I am really trying to get ahead of the curve so I have enough stock that I only have to drink appropriately aged wine. This time next year, I hope to be at the 500 bottle mark at which time I should only be in maintenance mode. This would mean making 6-8 kits a year. It is driving my wife crazy that we have all of this wine bottled (250 or so) and I won't let her start 'tasting' any of it:) Maybe next year.

Why not make a few batches of dragon blood and Blue Macaw to hold you over until the kits are ready?

Megioli Amarone, just transferred into secondary bulk aging, Primary Winery Series Super Tuscan bubbling and True Blood in Primary bubbling

Latest posts

Back