WineXpert Help, possible SG problem

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindyjo

Reaction score
Hello all,
My chocolate raspberry port was progressing well but now I am not so sure. My start sg was 1.131 on 9/23. On 10/5 it was 1.010 so I added the sugar as that was within the range on the directions. After sugar it was up to 1.020 but went back down to 1.010 by 10/11 and I moved it to the 3 gal better bottle. The sg was just under 1.010 for the past 2 days so I went ahead with the stabilizing and clearing as again this was within the range on the chart. After I added the f pack I took another sg measurement and it was up to 1.030 !! This is a lot higher thatn the chart in the directions, unless I am reading the chart wrong. It says for stabilizing and clearing it should be 1.010 or less and at bottling it should be 1.015-1.020.
It makes sense to me that the sg went up with the f pack as I tasted a bit and it was very sweet
So anyway am I OK?? Is there anything I should/can do?
Thanks, I hope this makes sense
Cindy

I think your fine maybe a little high but Im thinking that it might not have beenstirred well enough when sg was taken as that f pack is very thick.

Those are the readings you want. The F-Pack contains sugar and will raise the s.g. Remember, this is a sweet wine.

Thank you both. It did make sense to me that the f- pack raised the sg but the number did not fit into the blasted chart. I stirred pretty well using a drill with the mixer. The smell from the f pack was great. I am just a little nervous about this kit as it is more complicated than the others I have made.
Thanks again
Good night

Latest posts

Back