help please

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kb3dmy

Junior
Reaction score
I started a batch of wine its day 8 and the SG has stopped at 1.010 and hasnt moved in 48 hours any ideas as to what to do?

temp about 72 ec-1118 yeast and quad berry mix starting SG was 1.110 done the normal stir twice a day check SG twice a day nothing out of the normal

Did you rehydrate the yeast, did you add any nutrients?

I don't know how you like your wine, but quadberry or similar fruit to me is good at 1.010. Looks like you're at 13% abv right now. I wouldn't do anything to it. If it stops here it would be about right. If not, you will need to backsweeten to tame the high abv. I think you will be ok.

I don't know how you like your wine, but quadberry or similar fruit to me is good at 1.010. Looks like you're at 13% abv right now. I wouldn't do anything to it. If it stops here it would be about right. If not, you will need to backsweeten to tame the high abv. I think you will be ok.

I was thinking the same thing but just didn't post it. Taste it, if it taste good don't worry about getting to 1.000 or lower.

Many times when you get towards the end of a ferment, it slows way down. Seems like we see more posts about things like this in the fall and early winter. Think temp. swings have a lot to do with it. Arne.

Back