Help Me Go European

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am curious. If you are getting juice pails and then buying grape skin packs, why wouldn't you just buy frozen must buckets?

Is it the pressing off the skins that is the challenge?

Hi and welcome to the forum! I guess to answer your question, at least in my case, it would be 1. price, 2. availablity and 3. yield, not necessarily in that order.

I am curious. If you are getting juice pails and then buying grape skin packs, why wouldn't you just buy frozen must buckets?

Is it the pressing off the skins that is the challenge?
Yes that pretty much covers it. If however, I had the equipment on hand I would just buy the grapes and do it all myself. BTW welcome to the forums!!

@ Boatboy, you rock! That right their will help us get the best of both worlds.

So I am not attached to pinot noir.. as I have never tried it before. Do any of yall know of a good reasonably priced brand?

Ok, so I went to the local liqour store, they did not have that particular brand but they did have a bottle of Fleur Pinot noir. Carneros. From 2010. I believe that I really enjoyed this wine it had nice subtle leather flavors and a little bit of tobacco perhaps as well as a light fruitiness. It was nowhere near as tannic as most merlots and lacked the pucker factor of most merlots I have tried and I definitely enjoyed this wine.

So, any more recommendations for next weeks red for me to try?

Latest posts

Back