Hello from Katzrin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yatziv

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Yaron, and I live in Katzrin Israel. Katzrin is situated in the Golan Heights where a good portion of the soil here is basalt. The volcanic soil is great for growing grapes. I worked at a winery in Napa Valley called HaGafen Winery, and now I work at a boutique winery here called Bazelet HaGolan. It is the harvest now, so I'll be reading more then posting....for now.

That's half a world away from me. Welcome to the forum. Always good to have another hands-on grape-grower/farmer who knows better than most of us who like to speculate/theorize about raising and harvesting a crop.

Welcome, Yatziv. Do you also make wine? It will be very interesting to follow your posts on the forum. Do you expect a good harvest? Here in the States, 2012 is shaping up to be a great year.

Welcome to the forum. Have a great harvest and wine making season.

I do make wine. It is a small winery, we make 80k bottles a year. The owner/winemaker and I are the production department. This year our white chard. grapes have an excellent ph and brix. This year should be nice, but next year should be great. It was a hot summer, so the winter climate will be perfect for next years harvest.

Back