Hello from Houston

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart77047

Reaction score
Hello. My name is Stuart and I live in Houston. I look forward to making some fruit wines. Wish me luck.

I lived there for 5 years (that seemed like 35.....) I escaped!

Welcome to WMT!

Last edited:
Stuart, you don't need luck just a great forum like this one.

Welcome aboard. Do some reading and become reasonable knowledgable about making wine and we can help you fill in the blanks. Any thoughts on your 1st wine? Kits, fruit, juice. California juice is coming in now.

i lived in BayTown for a minute, when i was younger.
Good luck with the fruit wines.
Ask any questions you have before you do anything.

Actually I have was going to try a wine from grape juice concentrate just as a first run. Then I have a lot of figs that I want to try out a fig and honey wine. That will be an experiment. I figure this will take a lot of tasting and desciding how to progress with it. Also I have pears that will ripen soon. I also have satsuma's and plums that go to waste. I plan on trying them out alone or as a mix with other fruits. In the future maybe my peach, pomegranate and apple trees will produce enough to have extras.
I doubt the jujubes will ever produce enough.

Also I really prefer dry wines. I have not found any dry fruit wines, so it may just not work out. But it looks fun to try.

Back