Hello from Dixie

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulS

Reaction score
greetings,

Old winemaker from Murphy, NC. I have been making home made wine for about 15 years. I am looking forward to being a part of this community.

Welcome to the forum. Please feel free to share your experiences (good and bad) with the rest.

Rocky,

I have been making only red wine (from grapes) for about 15 years. I throw in with my friends and family and we make wine together. I find that (at my age) it is easier to share the workload and the rewards. I live very close to some wineries and have a variety of grapes to choose from. I usually choose either norton, cab/sav, chambercan, or pinot noir. I make about 1000 liters a year.

I have made attempts at peach and apple wines, but I find that my results are not as good as if I made red wine from grapes. I am sure that it is simply the fact that making red wine is not the same as making wine with other fruits and that there are differences in the process I should be using. This is one of the things that I would advise on.

Latest posts

Back