Hello Everyone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barefootbitch

Junior
Reaction score
Thanks for adding me to forum. Novice winemaker, on my second year of making wine from local and wild plants and fruit. Not sure if I fit on this site. Do not use any chemicals or yeasts. Just natural fermentation. Found your site as I was looking to see if there were any events or competitions in my area of New Jersey. Look forward to seeing what others are doing. Cheers!!!!

Hi bfb

happy to see you here. I think you'll feel most at home in the country winemaking forum. That's where folks who make stuff from other than grapes mostly post. Also there is a wine of the month club where small experimental batches are made and the recipe and outcome are shared with the group. If you use local plants you should enjoy that group also.

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f5/december-2014-wine-month-club-47875/

I think you know some folks will try to convert you to chem usage, but as long as you stay lowkey and don't try to make it a mission to convert everyone to your way I honestly don't think folks should get too upset about your choices. Hey, lots of folks try that route for a while. It will be a real learning experience for all of us if you share both your successes and failures. Personally I am very interested in making wine from local plants so look forward to hearing of your adventures in winemaking.

welcome!

Pam in cinti

Welcome to the forum! There's a wide variety of winemakers here, so I am sure you will find some kindred spirits.
Heather

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Makin

Thanks for the input on the forum. Have made brambleberry,beachplum, wild grape, persimmon, oak leaf, strawberry, blueberry, peach, rose hip, cranberry, and of course dandelion wine.

Welcome bearfoot*****,

Looking forward to you sharing your natural winemaking methods. Very interested.
I'm from the south but my wife is a northern Jersey Girl.

Beano Joe:b

Thanks for the welcome. My name is Maureen and originally from Arkansas. Started about five years ago making everything from jams to tomato sauce from scratch. Basically debunking the most expensive items in the store. Keep it simple stupid is my mantra. After my first glass of natural wine I was hooked. Especially wild fruits which produce a flavor which is second to none. Takes work to gather but worth it. Just bottle wild bramble that was just exquisite. That field is gone now due to housing development. Paying homage to wildlife and wild food is very rewarding.

Welcome. I to follow a rather close to the earth methodology of wine making, Although Mostly melomels Cuz The honey is free. If I can Find, Gather, or scavenge it. I make wine from it, The closer a bottle of wine is to $O.OO the more I like it.

Welcome to the forum!

I kinda thought this wine making stuff was magic with the additives being potions... now you tell me you can make this stuff without potions? :D

Welcome aboard Maureen. Looking forward to you input and comments and maybe the back story for you handle. :)

Latest posts

Back