Hello Again...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ol Tex

Junior
Reaction score
Joined a few weeks ago and I thank you all for your welcome. Here's a pic of us from about a year ago ..myself, my beautiful wife, Vi,..our yellow Lab, Omega (ready for certification)..our senior canine-black Lab, Spirit, and our "still in training GSD",Rin-Tin-Tin's Lord Daniel (AKA True)...nobody's changed except True, the GSD. He's grown to twice the size in the pic. These are our cadaver search dogs.
Update on my first batch...apple/raspberry...bulk aging now..clear and very drinkable...I'll bottle in a day or two. Very pleased with my first efforts especially after raves from Vi after a taste.
Hope y'all are havin' a great day! We are!!
John
Christmas2007.jpg

WELL Ol Tex what's the next batch gonna be?

See if you can coax Jobe or Waldo for that recipe. I have not tasted Waldo's but have tasted Jobes and it is awesome. Cadaver dogs huh, very interesting!!!!!

Hey Ol Tex, I looked at the picture for a second before reading. I noticed very quickly that the dogs must be well behaved. Then Inoticed that theyare all a work breed. Sure enough they have a job!!! I said all of that to say, Nice Dogs

Hi, Waldo!!

Here's the base recipe I was thinkin' of. 'Course I'm an experimenter and hardly ever follow instructions for anything..LOL..so I'm sure I'll be tweakin' this or that. Any suggestions?

John
<H3>Ingredients:</H3>
<UL>
<LI>12 cups blueberries
<LI>12 cups water
<LI>1/2 cup dry malt
<LI>4 cups granulated sugar
<LI>1 teaspoon yeast nutrient
<LI>2 Campden tablets, crushed
<LI>1/2 teaspoon acid blend
<LI>1/2 teaspoon pectic enzyme
<LI>1 package Port yeast </LI>[/list]
<H3>Preparation:</H3>

Crush the berries lightly and stir in the 12 cups water, dry malt, sugar, yeast nutrient, Campden, acid blend, and pectic enzyme. Once the sugar has dissolved, stop stirring and allow the mixture to rest for 8-12 hours, or overnight.

Specific gravity should be 1.090. (If needed, add a small amount of sugar to increase specific gravity.) Sprinkle the Port yeast over it and allow it to sit, stirring once daily, for 5 days. Strain the must and squeeze out the juice.

Rack into a 3-gallon secondary fermentor, add additional water to make up the volume, and apply an airlock. Rack the wine in 3 weeks, and again at every 3 months for 1 year. Bottle. For the best flavor, allow a year for the wine to mature before enjoying it.

Makes 3 gallons.

Hello....Nice looking family....

We love Apple/Raspberry Wine too.

Your Port sounds interesting.

Keep us Posted along with more photos...

Your port recipe sounds very good...I hope you keep on posting with this ,I would like to follow how it turns out...

Ol Tex, what a great picture!!!! Who uses your cadeaver dogs? Just curious.
I am here in AZ and the weather has been beautiful!!
Welcome to the Forum and enjoy!!
smiley4.gif

We donate our services to law enforcement and other agencies wherever we're needed...our way of "giving back".

appleman said:
Great looking family, including the dogs.

Maybe you could whip up a batch of Cadavre Cab.

What would you do with the Cadavre Cab if it had no "body"?
smiley11.gif

Couldn't resist that one Appleman..........

gaudet said:
appleman said:
Great looking family, including the dogs.

Maybe you could whip up a batch of Cadavre Cab.

What would you do with the Cadavre Cab if it had no "body"?
smiley11.gif

Couldn't resist that one Appleman..........

Well that's a simple one - You would need to deep six it!

That almost as bad as if it had "no legs".......................
I won't even touch a comment on aromas......................

Latest posts

Back