Happy Holidays

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bj4271

Reaction score
Ho! Ho! Ho!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year & all other Holidays to all.

On the day before Christmas Eve, I too would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I ask that everyone out there have a glass of good wine for me. I am on antibiotics, a 14 day course, and I have enough trouble keeping them down
smiley11.gif
without drinking that I don't dare have any wine at all.
smiley19.gif
So I'm counting on all of YOU to help me out and have a glass for me.
Merry Christmas!

Sorry to hear that PWP! I think I drank enough glasses the other day for all of us though!
smiley11.gif
Happy Holidays everyone!

PWP:
Hope you get to feeling better! Even though it'll be a "wine-less" Christmas for you I will do my best to make it up for you and let you know what wine I had for you and whether or not you enjoyed it!

smiley36.gif

Merry Christmas!

anything for the PWP. I will have a glass of 2 1/2 year old pomegranat wine with roast turkey and all the trimmings.

PWP....Sorry to hear you are under the weather ...wishing you a speedy recovery....I'll tip a few for you.

And Merry Christmas to all....

I'd like to thank all of you for your help! Wade, glad to know you got the pre-Christmas toasting handled for me!
smiley2.gif
I appreciate the promises of wines to come. Do let me know what I liked and didn't like. (As if THAT would happen, not like a wine, oh please! But, no Pinot Grigio please.
smiley2.gif
) I'm feeling fine at this point but it's a 14 day course of antibiotics, so 2 full weeks of this! Plus, before I started the meds, I wasn't drinking any wine because I just didn't feel very good. This could do some serious damage to my body!

PWP:
Once you finish up your course of meds, I'm going to have to perscribe a steady course of wine for at least two months in order to get your system back in shape and balanced.

I'm thinking two to three glasses a day....

smiley2.gif

Maybe I'll drink Mead, it has honey....honey has antibiotics...getting sick myself today of all days.

Ramona

Must be a virus on this board- I had it yesterday, but feel somewhat better today. I had to stay home yesterday when Cindy took the rest of the family over to her sister's place for a family gift exchange.

PWP take care of yourself and use up the whole script I'm sure you know! If you don't feel better after a while, go back to your Doc. I have had two infections in the last few years that were from the resistant staph bacteria. I had one small puncture wound take 3 months to heal after 2 different anti-biotic treatments. The last time the Doc told me if I got those strains again they would need to use IV anti-biotics on me!
smiley11.gif

Thanks for the reminder, and yes I always finish my antibiotics. The PA I saw and I discussed fully which antibiotic I wanted from a given list, and we went over the advantages, etc, and I always finish. I understand the consequences of not finishing the course.

I once got stunk by a wasp and the infection from that was so bad I had to get a shot and then something like 20 days of oral.
smiley18.gif
Not a good time, at all. It's funny that the prescription bottle doesn't say anything about no alcohol, but I know how I'd feel if I drank with this stuff.
smiley11.gif

Oh PWP - that is truly bad timing! Double ick.

If it makes you feel any better, we're having friends over for dinner tonight and we'll raise a toast to you.

Unfortunately tomorrow's Christmas celebration will be at my teetotaller parent's house. Tomorrow night we'll sit by our new fake fireplace with the pretty fake flames and our fake Christmas tree and raise another toast or two or three and send warm healthy wishes your way...

wade said:
Are you going to be drinking real alcohol?

LOL - yes, all the toasting will be done back at our house. The wine and presents are real, just the tree and fireplace are fake. Dixie couldn't pass up the fireplace w/ the fake flames. Kinda like a winter aquarium, something soothing to stare at.

Do they actually throw off a decent heat for the money spent on electric or is this just 1 of those flames but no heat 1's. We are redoing our basement and will want heat in just 1 room and dont want to play with the plumbing and are contemplating a electric fireplace or electric/hydro baseboard heater as we will only use it a little at night as it will be our bedroom and we like it cold in there.

Wade, I bought a couple good quality electric baseboard oil heaters 20+ years ago. They have worked flawlessly and efficiently that whole time. They are corded so they may be moved to rooms as needed, depending on needs, remodels, etc. Get a good one and they are very efficient.

Very decent, especially considering the sale price of $75

781052040977md.jpg

wade said:
Do they actually throw off a decent heat for the money spent on electric or is this just 1 of those flames but no heat 1's. We are redoing our basement and will want heat in just 1 room and dont want to play with the plumbing and are contemplating a electric fireplace or electric/hydro baseboard heater as we will only use it a little at night as it will be our bedroom and we like it cold in there.

I'll have a couple tomorrow in your honor too pwp...Ramona, if you need me to gulp a couple for you too you just me know and I'll be there for you too.

We had three friends over tonight for dinner, and I made them all stop so we could toast you and have a drink, in your honor and all.....

So get well soon!

PolishWineP said:
Thanks all! It's good to know I can count on my friends in a time of need!
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back