Hannabarn Wines Were A Hit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
Yesterday was our turn to host the Sunday luncheon forthe James Gang Brothers and Sisters. This is an even we do once a monthall look forward to.

I did a seafood themed luncheon with the main entree being my seafood pot pie

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

Next was my oven roasted Asparagus with garlic which begins with sauteeing the garlic, onions & fresh parsley in butter. Adding bread crumbs and then pouring this over the Asparagus arranged in a deep cooking dish.

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

Add to this a fresh garden salad with mushrooms and roasted almonds

IMG_2066.jpg

I also made a Pasta with Briussel Sproutsalad which I failed to get a picture of and finally for dessert I made Apple Dumplings with Custard sauce
IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

Added to all this was a bunch of "Hongry" folks and Barneys wines which were a hit . The "Wine" which was a blend was served before lunch. My Sister-Ibn-Law Donna said it was almost identical to a favorite wine of theirs they get at their favorite restaurant in Hot Springs and pay $35.00 per bottle for.The Orange/Pineapple was a perfect pairing for the Seafood too. Light, very fruity with a very smooth and nice finish that really enhanced the flavors of the Seafood.

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

">

IMG_2081.jpg

Edited by: Waldo

Great looking food there Waldo. I like the one picture where you and another guy are standing there, plates in hand and the other hands a blurr- must be moving the food to the mouth so fast it was blurry. Sure sign of good food! The wine must have been a perfect compliment to the food and deserves rave compliments to Barney.

Thanks appleman and NW...Was not much left so I guess it was pretty good

You made me hungry all over again as I just ate! Food looks great along with the company buddy!

Waldo....What a Meal...you need your own cooking show!!!!!

The James Gang really know how to put out a spread!!! I bet they all love it when it is your turn!!!

Looks REALLY GOOD, WALDO !!!!
smiley20.gif

That was a great spread Waldo! Glad that I could be a small part of it. Looks like a great time was had by all
smiley4.gif

Thanks for sharing you wines barney which helped make it a success

Hey Waldo! I know we're related somehow! Where was MY invitation to this shindig? Dang that looks good!

Thanks PWP...You have an "Open" invitation. You just bust on in here and belly up to my table any time you want to

Boy and I thought the cobbler he brought to the lake deGray gathering was impressive
smiley20.gif

I shouldn't look at these threads when I am sooooooo hungry.
Fantastic spread, Waldo. Looks like some terrific recipes to share, too.
smiley2.gif

Thanks scotty and miss rocky....will be glad to share my recipes with whoever wants them

Latest posts

Back