Guess I need to check in..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TableSeven

Wine drinker extraordinaire
Reaction score
According to the email I'm MIA.

So here's the good:
I made jam and successfully canned it for the first time ever, even picked the strawberries myself.

I grew some awesome peppers and made us a few years worth of hot sauce ranging from mild jalapeño to super hot habanero.

The bad:
I fell off the wagon with everything. I let most of my garden and flowers die off. The peppers survived.

I'm sitting on the same batch of wine I started forever ago. I did finally start some apple two days ago. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I keep telling hubs ill bottle tomorrow.

May 1st my older daughter was admitted to the hospital in Philly, it's been a lot of driving. She's been transferred to one closer, but still an hour away since the end of June, they expect she'll be there until at least February. October 13 my youngest will be having surgery to correct a birth defect.

I am ok. I'm trying to fake it till I make it, and I will make it. I will also make lots of wine ;)

I'm really sorry to hear about your daughter. I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be to have a child in the hospital so long. Although I don't know hat is wrong, and you certainly don't have to say, I send a virtual hug from one Mom to another. xx
We're glad you checked in. Keep making your wine cause you must take care of you before you can take care of them. That includes a bit of relaxation and sipping.

thanks for checking in and God be with you, you have a lot on your plate. Hang in there, you are gonna get thru this. My brother and his wife are going thru a rough time with their 19 year old daughter, she has been diagnosed with ALL, I think when you have a child in the hospital, it is rougher on you then on them. Like Lori said, here's a hug from one Mom to another.

ya me to been mia for long time still making wine have made 450 gal so far I say hi to all making peach wine now
Joseph

TableSeven,
The night is always darkest before the dawn. So told to me. Try to keep your head up and hope for the best. Things will work out.

God bless you and yours!!

Beano Joe

Thank you all for the kindness.

I finally bottled. I still need more primaries and carboys..my reserves are getting low. I need to get on this.

I met with my older daughters case manager and was told to take me time, have date nights etc. I'm a level 10,000 expert on withdrawing and just letting things go, so I'm trying to push myself to do more.

The nurse part of me doesn't see any progress and can't see a good outcome because I'm not seeing progress, the mom in me is praying and hoping.

Latest posts

Back