Group buy in St. Louis

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homer

Reaction score
Here is the latest on the group buy from the Missouri Valley Wine Society, you have to pick it up in Saint Louis, should be about
$ 50 a bucket, if you are interested I'll put you in touch. bk

From Bob;
Here is an update on the Chilean Juice.
I was able to get two references that have used Wine Village before.

Gino Pinto, a wholesaler and retailer of juice from New Jersey. He said he has been getting the juice from Winevillage (company we are getting it from) for 6 years now. He said he is very satisfied with the juice. He said the color of the reds are very good. He also mentioned that the quality of the juice is right up there with the California juice.

M&M Grape from Hartford, Connecticut has been getting the juice from Winevillage for 7 years now. They also are very satisfied with the quality of the juice.

Currently, we have orders for 117 pails. If we can get 13 more pails on order, shipping will be down to $20. I will be finalizing the order around May 11th. Our May meeting is May 10th so I will have the final cost and you can pay me at the meeting.

Today's mail.

Hi Bill,
We are up to 127 pails. Shipping is down to $20.47 per pail.

Yeah - I have been toggling with the idea.

Bob is a great guy - have met him several times at their meetings..

How do we get more info?

Email Bob Truetken - here is the MVWS admin email:
Missouri Valley Wine Society <[email protected]>

This is what i know:

There are 11 reds to choose from and 10 whites to choose from. The juice will be in 23L (6.0/6.5 gallon pails). The juice will be balanced. The reds are cold soaked to bring out the color. The reds will not have the skins in the pail.
I will have a sign up sheet at the Thursday meeting.

The varietals available are:
Cabernet Sauvignon
Merlot
Carmenere
Pinot Noir
Shiraz
Sauvignon Blanc
Chardonnay
Pinot Grigio
Malbec (very good chance they will get this)

The cost for the pail of juice is $38 for a 6 gallon pail not counting the shipping. Right now, the cost per pail for shipping is under $27. As the number of pails increase, the shipping cost will continue to go down.

Currently, they have orders for 117 pails. If they can get 13 more pails on order, shipping will be down to $20. I will be finalizing the order around May 11th.

Yeast is not pitched in the pail..

Last edited:
Jon -

Is there a specific date/time for pick-up, or will the juice be stored somewhere for pick-up over a range of dates? Is this available to non-society members?

I'm interested in Shiraz and Malbec - maybe 2 of each, but I'm in the boonies and have to figure out how to pay and pick up ...

I am pretty sure it is pay up front - not sure about non-members. I think you can - I am technically not a member either - and I can order.

Email Bob - see what he says about ordering. Not sure about pick up times and all that either.

I am considering the Sav. Blanc and Pinot Noir..

No you don't need to be a member, It's pay up front, can't blame him for that, It's coming on a refer truck, I'm guessing you'll have a firm arrival date once it's shipped but once it's off the truck it's your baby. bk

I spoke to Bob - this is what he had to say.

No the juice is available to anyone.

I am finalizing the order May 11th. Currently we have 128 pails. The juice is $38 a 6 gallon pail. We are splitting the shipping cost among all the pails. Shipping is down to $20.37 a pail. I will have the final cost next week sometime and yes I am asking for the money up front. We have 34 people so far getting the juice.

The juice will be coming via a refrigerated truck and will probably arrive around the 3rd week or so in May. I am having it delivered in O'Fallon, MO at Missouri Wine and Gift.

Please reference this thread for ordering and contact information:

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f60/chilean-juice-missouri-order-now-31167/

Last edited:
Hmm, I was going to grab a few (like 6 or so) to do a mix, but importing juice for winemaking means I might have to get some gov't approval. Not sure. Either way, I'd still have to get approval for the blend I was planning. Too late to go ahead with it. Raspberry or blackberry merlot is a great mix.

The Chilean Juice should be in on Friday evening (6-1-2012). I spoke to Bob - he is still unsure of the exact time. He will be in touch with the driver on Friday and let us know what time the driver is expecting to deliver the juice.

I had the pleasure today of meeting forum member bobf while picking up my Chiliean juice!!!

What a great guy - and nice to put a face to a name...

Can't wait to try his Apple-Craisin!!!

Thanks Bob!!!

I had the pleasure today of meeting forum member bobf while picking up my Chiliean juice!!!

What a great guy - and nice to put a face to a name...

Can't wait to try his Apple-Craisin!!!

Thanks Bob!!!

The pleasure was mine, Jon. Not only did I finally make it home with Chilean Syrah and Malbec, I have a bottle of award-winning Strawberry-Peach that's already finished and bottled :)

It was a little messier than I was counting on, but I made it home with only a single small stain on the truck seat. Buckets are still cold with solid chunks in them knocking around. Hosed 'em down good and will bring them in tomorrow. I'm thinking it will be Friday or Saturday before they're ready for yeast.

As an added benny, I'll already know somebody at the MO Wine Party :)

The pleasure was mine, Jon. Not only did I finally make it home with Chilean Syrah and Malbec, I have a bottle of award-winning Strawberry-Peach that's already finished and bottled :)

It was a little messier than I was counting on, but I made it home with only a single small stain on the truck seat. Buckets are still cold with solid chunks in them knocking around. Hosed 'em down good and will bring them in tomorrow. I'm thinking it will be Friday or Saturday before they're ready for yeast.

As an added benny, I'll already know somebody at the MO Wine Party :)

Yeah i know - it will be nice to have already met your going into that MO wine party.

Didn't get any mess in my truck - i opened them and put them in my primaries with 1/4tsp of k-meta to thaw out.

They will thaw a bit quicker that way - i am hoping to pitch the yeast by thursday - if it hits room temp.

I hope you enjoy the Strawberry Peach wine!! I plan on cracking yours open in the next day or so - it is chilling in my wine fridge as we speak!!

I'll be sharing the strawberry-peach with SWMBO when she gets back from Germany this weekend. Does it go well with chocolate, or is it more stand-alone?

Like there is anything that doesn't go well with chocolate!

I'll be sharing the strawberry-peach with SWMBO when she gets back from Germany this weekend. Does it go well with chocolate, or is it more stand-alone?

Like there is anything that doesn't go well with chocolate!

It does go well with chocolate - but it is also good stand alone.

Best if served chilled as well..

That settles it. I'll drink half, then get some chocolate out for the other half :)

Latest posts

Back