GROCERY STORE SYRUP

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgecaprock

Reaction score
Yesterday in my Blue Berry Burst post, NW said that she had added blue berry flavor to one of her BB wines and it improved thewine.

I was wondering if anyone ever tried adding the blue berry, strawberry, etc. fruit syrups in the pancake isle at Krogers? That is if you wanted to back sweeten it with some flavor. Let me know if anyone has tried it. I know there is a huge variety of fruit syrups out there.

Ramona

th445.gif

No...I meant to say it didn't improve the wine ...It tasted fake......It just got better, mellowed after more than 2 years againg...will try one of the last 2 bottles tonight.

I believe it was the Carlson's flavoring....I put in too much of the blueberry flavor in the wine...if I ever add flavoring again it will be far less.

We have put a small amount of apple flavor in the Sparkling Apple wine...like one ounce per 6 gallons...this last batch I just left it out.

*If anyone ever uses that product...don't use very much.

What are those fruit syrups in the store meant for???

I have often thought about trying one of those syrups,but havent yet.The ones Im talking about say 100% natural syrup so I would think they would be good to use.I have used that LC Carlson stuff and it doesnt taste right.
By the way,Love your labels!!

Iruined a raspberry wine by using too much extract. All adjustments must be extremely slow. Personally, i would try and use a flavored pancake syrup because i like a little sweetness in fruit wines.

I might give that a try next time I need a flavor boost and some sweetness to the fruit wines. Scotty, let me know if you try it...you make more wines than me.

Ramona

rgecaprock said:
I might give that a try next time I need a flavor boost and some sweetness to the fruit wines. Scotty, let me know if you try it...you make more wines than me.

Ramona

I have nothing going now except thr blackberry that might be a candidate.
We just pitched tonight at 5 pm.
We usually backsweeten. This is rockys baby and I dont want to ruin it the way i did the raspberry.

I will mention the pancake syrup to her though.

Latest posts

Back