Finer Wine Kit Grenache Rosé

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would you add skins to a rosé? The thing about rosé is the wine is vinified with minimal contact with the skins. The FW Grenache rosé like many other kit rosés is already much darker than a typical Provence rosé where Grenache is the basis of most rosé blends. It is much more like a Rhône blend.

Last edited:
I never said I was going to use them. I'm just asking the question to those that know more than I do incase anyone has and what they thought. My initial thought was adding skins would probably defeat what a rosé is intended to be, but I was curious to see what others have done. Lot's of wine makers here that have tried way more than I certainly have.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I never said I was going to use them. I'm just asking the question to those that know more than I do incase anyone has and what they thought. My initial thought was adding skins would probably defeat what a rosé is intended to be, but I was curious to see what others have done. Lot's of wine makers here that have tried way more than I certainly have.
🤣 Text is difficult for communication, as tone is implied, and not always received correctly. This case is a "not".

Anyway, your question was answered, and I 'spose your own thoughts were confirmed. ;)

How do folks that have made the FW Rose like it?? Planning for 2024...

Cheers!

Yes, I made it this year along with the FWK Tavola Pinot Noir at the same time but I would not be a good source for information on the Grenache Rose. I'm not not a dry white wine drinker but hoped the Grenache Rose would ease me into blushes and whites but I made a rookie mistake and tried to sweeten or over sweeten a dry wine. Wonder if I had left the Rose alone would have been awesome like the Tavola Pinot Noir. You can always put more sweetener in but you can't take it out! Lessons learned for sure. Friends / family like the Grenache Rose. Part of me wants redemption and I should make it again per instructions in 2024 but there are so many others to try. I've made six of the FWK so far.

Some have had issues with using the carbon bag but just hold over the bucket and be very careful to avoid the dust cloud.

I am a big fan of rosé and have made the FWK Grenache rosé. I find that it's very good but I'm not sure that it's any better than RJS Cru Internationale. I have made other kit Grenache rosés and they are neither better nor worse than the FWK. All of these rosés are a bit dark and heavy, a bit like Rhône rosé. A couple of years ago I made RQ21 France rosé which was, still is, perhaps the best rosé I have made to date. Sadly, it was a special order no longer offered. I think it was actually an RJS Restricted Quantity maybe from Label Peelers, maybe from Midwest Supplies. I have also made a Sangiovese Rosé which I did not like.

Latest posts

Back