Greetings from North FL

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BotanyPhD

Junior
Reaction score
Hello... I took quite a few years break from brewing and wine making and want to get back in. I recently was in St. Augustine and had a glass of cream sherry from San Sebastian. The light came on and believe its time to start playing again.

If there are any Sherry folks out there please say hi! I will need all the help I can in this venture.

JC

Welcome to the forum, BotanyPhD. I have not made any sherry, at least not on purpose. I did have an experience years ago when I lived in New York where I made a white wine from Delaware grapes. The grapes were at or under 20 brix but I fermented it out anyway without chaptalizing. After fermentation ceased, I added sugar and re-fermented it. It was kind of like the process of making sherry. The wine turned out very nice and very strong. I still have about 5 bottles of it that are now about 20 years old and we use it for cooking or a fast acting sedative.

Welcome BotanyphD. It's a pleasure to see you over here. I'm sure there's a few folks here that can help you out with a recipe for some orange wine also. You already know a few folks like Doug from Brew and Wine Supply, pjd and 2pups.

Back