GRAPES V JUICE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NY257121

Junior
Reaction score
Have been using grapes for years, have done some juice mostly white. Question would I be better off using fesh juice or stay with all the extra work and expense of grapes

With reds you have much more control over the amount of body and tannins, juices can be weak in these ares. There may not be much of a difference with whites but then again there really isnt much more work with whites besides crushing them\.

Thanks for your opinion. To add to my original question have an old bucket of juice label state acid .5 balling 22 SO2 100 for white balling 21 acid.6 SO same as red. Cost difference 6gal juice about $50 2 36 lb boxes of grapes which yield 5.6 to 6 gal of juice. Crushing and pressing 20 boxes tool about 7 hours or so

Is there a question above? Its surely more work but IMO its better. Im not to fond of the juice buckets of red wine myself but the people that do like them tweak them to their liking by adding raisins to get more body.

Back