Other grape pack recommendations

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chitownwine

Reaction score
So quick follow up I am in the process of running a few US elite smaller scale concentration kits. None are ready for bottling yet but first impressions have been positive.

They are no longer carrying their crushed grape packs and I was interested in adding some grape packs to future red kits. I have been having a really hard time tracking down any places that will sell stand alone packs. Some prior posts mentioned some retailers and also ebay both of which I have had no luck with. When in season I plan to freeze some fresh grape packs but until then any recommendations on where I can get some grape packs or maybe even frozen grapes which I can divide up and use for several concentrate batches.

Thanks,

rj

Did you ever start the U.S. Elite kits, added grape pack or not?

I apologize as I know this thread is a year old...

I was interested in hearing some feedback on those kits.

Hey so I have done probably 8 or so varieties from us elite over the last year. I have done both whites and reds and have not used a grape pack. Obviously the reds turn on light to medium body but for varieties like cab franc and Sangiovese which I am making again they turn out awesome. Great flavor and nose also.
The whites I make all dry including Riesling which I am making again. There whites I feel are better than some of the top shelf kits I have made. There Chardonnay I stirred on the lees for 2 months and Oakes turned out great and didn't even get time to age. So bottom line I recommend them. If your looking for a huge full body red probably need to add grape pack but for whites and light bodied reds they are great.

is there a specific place you get them from?
I see prices on the net from the $80s (uselite website, and not sure if anyone can buy now) to $125 and even $150..!!

I have a small company so i use my tax I'd and order from them. Find someone that you know that has a small company or apply for your own tax I'd and then order from them directly.

Latest posts

Back