RJ Spagnols Grand Cru Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xanxer82

Reaction score
Just pitched the yeast for the Grand Cru Merlot. SG 1.085 at 80 deg. F.
:)
hopefully this kit turns out nice. A shame it didn't have grape skins though. I think that would have made a difference.

Nice. I just started the CC winery washington merlot. I was really impressed with the amount of skins that came in the pack.

I'm glad it's someones favorite. It's a very active fermentation. Going to rack to seconday tonight.

The GC International Merlot kit is the one with the grape skins - probably about $10 more but you get the skins and another 2 litres juice.

Next time I'll get the GC International.
Checked the SG and it's at 1.020. Was going to rack to a better bottle to finish but decided against it due to the oak chips being in an infusion bag. Instead I gave it a stir, snapped the lid down and airlocked it.
I'll let it get to dry and maybe on tuesday of next week (day 7) I'll move it to the better bottle then monitor for stability over the next few days. I use the better bottle for intial rackinging because of the wider mouth. Makes it easier to add chemicals and get the drill mounted mix stir in it.

Back