RJ Spagnols Grand Cru International Brunello or Barolo?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUwiner

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience making either of these kits? I have made a couple of other kits in the International series and was pleased with the results of both. I am not really familar with either of these wine types but the catalog description make both sound like they might be worth trying.

I haven't made either of these kits, although I have the GCI Brunello and will probably start it soon. I have made Barolos before ( not this kit) and they are excellent and have a Brunello bottled ( WinExpert LE) but not yet sampled. Sorry, not much help there! I can tell you that the GCI Brunello won gold a couple of summers ago and that at our local store, the Brunello always outsold the Barolo.

I made the Cru Select Brunello and Barolo 3 months ago and really like them both, I would probably choose the Barolo first. I also made a Mosti Barolo which I think is slightly better than the cru select. Although I have not made a red kit yet that I did not like :d

Has anyone had any experience making either of these kits? I have made a couple of other kits in the International series and was pleased with the results of both. I am not really familar with either of these wine types but the catalog description make both sound like they might be worth trying.

I would be interested in this as well, since my local store sells the GCI for a decent price. Also AUwiner what one did you do could you recommend me a red, as I understand it these kits come with some type of dried grape to ferment on is that correct?

thanks

Both GCI kits I made previously were the California Syrah. One which was actually done for a friend was bottled earlier this summer and I thought it was very good. My friend and his family were impresseed with the wine as well. The second kit, this one for myself, I plan to bulk age longer. The first one was bulk aged for about 6 weeks before bottling. Samples taken from the second kit taste promising.

I would be interested in this as well, since my local store sells the GCI for a decent price. Also AUwiner what one did you do could you recommend me a red, as I understand it these kits come with some type of dried grape to ferment on is that correct?

thanks

Yes, they come with a dried grapeskin pack; they also have 12 liters of juice rather than the 10 liters that the GC has. They are excellent value for the price.

I've made the GCI Brunello, it was a HUGE hit with everyone. I only have about 6 bottles left (approx 9-10 months old) and haven't had it in a few months. Will have to have a bottle here very soon. I will prob never make it again, not because it was bad, actually the opposite, it was great and I want to jump up to the Cru Select or Vineco's Kendridge Founders (18L)

I've made the GCI Brunello, it was a HUGE hit with everyone. I only have about 6 bottles left (approx 9-10 months old) and haven't had it in a few months. Will have to have a bottle here very soon. I will prob never make it again, not because it was bad, actually the opposite, it was great and I want to jump up to the Cru Select or Vineco's Kendridge Founders (18L)

You wont be disappointed moving up to 6 week kits. Well worth the extra money.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back