Got wine stains?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
I had a six gallon carboy of pinot noir sitting on my kitchen counter for several weeks and it left a red ring. I used a Mr. Clean "Magic Eraser" and it disappeared with little effort! It also works on my linoleum floor. I don't know why... but work they do!

I have never heard of that product either.

I use bleach on my white cupboard, white appliances and sink....seems all the berries I like stain.

I think wine stains on carpet, etc. might removed with Oxy-Clean, or similar product.

Our vet said to remove blood stains on a near white carpet to use pure hydrogen peroxide...it worked like a charm.

They work great. Grandma uses it to remove crayon marks on the wall. I guess Ihad better quit coloring on the wall. It couldn't be the grandkids doing it. They're to sweet.
smiley4.gif

smiley36.gif
at Swill!!! That was really funny!

They don't seem to contain anything! There's a "smooth" side and a "scrubby" side and they look and feel like a odd sponge. You get it wet, squeeze out the water, and rub it on the stain. After a while the smooth side kinda starts to disintegrate with use. It's kinda like it melts a little as you use it. It doesn't foam or smell or anything. They are strange but cool and work with little effort. (My favorite kind of tool!)
smiley4.gif

I have only used them on solid surfaces. It will take scuff marks off your linoleum, floors tho.

Try Wal*Mart.

Mind that the eraser can erase the finish off of some surfaces, most commonly paint on walls. I'm not sure the exact reaction happening, though.

The so-called 'magic' eraser also doesn't erase any events that happened in the past (for example, uncomfortable moments like not having any wine available in the house or racking too soon). I'm still in discussion with the parent company about this issue, but for some odd reason I'm not holding my breath on resolution.

- Jim

Northern Winos said:
Our vet said to remove blood stains on a near white carpet to use pure hydrogen peroxide...it worked like a charm.

Even though I knew this one for years, it is always good to know how to get rid of those blood stains in the carpet. Never know when you might have to do that real quick.
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

My white cabinets have pale purple streaks running down them. Even the upper cabinets where I must have flipped the racking hose and it went everywhere. I tried to wipe it asap and used a bleach soft scrub but still there. Guess I'l have to get the paint and brush out.

We have 2 kids and those erasers are a blessing. It has eve erased permanent marker off a few things. We always have 1 on hand and we swear by them.

Latest posts

Back