Got my coming soon from M&M

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roblloyd

Reaction score
Got a post card today from M&m juice grape.com with some of the things coming from CA.
Any recommendations? I did Chilean carmenere this spring. Not sure what would be a good ca grape to do.
Cab sav?
Old vine zin?
Lodi?
What about a white? I might do 2.

Petite Syrah is a grat wine to do. I have this bulk ageing still but it is entirely a huge wine. I also made Chard. and bottled a little while ago. It as pretty sharp last time I had it and needs more time. I didnt do MLF and cool fermented it and then cold stabilized it which dropped a lot out. I need to coo, one right now and pop a bottle maybe tomorrow and clue you in on that.

Love the big taste and mouth feel of a Petite Syrah! None better.
The whites are nice, since you don't need a press.

You dont need a press???

Guess I was assuming juice buckets for whites, not the whole grape. Now I don't know why I was thinking that.

Certainly will need a press if he gets grapes, won't he????? :slp

Hmmmm maybe I'll tryba juice bucket and a lug of matching grapes. Less work and a little less $$$.

What about a red? This would be from grapes.

I'll probably do a petit sirah this year. I bought Suisun Valley Petit Sirah as a frozen must from M and M in January and it is turning out to be my best wine yet.

I live in Northern CA about 20 minutes from Lodi. They grow a lot of great grapes there but are predominantly know for their reds. IMO...I don't think you could go wrong with an old vine lodi zin.

Latest posts

Back