Glycerin for back sweetening

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also use Everclear in my limoncello. powerful stuff.
EverClear does a MUCH better job of extraction. However, sweetening is much simpler with 80 proof vodka. I make a 1:1 sugar syrup, and use 1 cup syrup with 3 cups limoncello base, to produce a 60 proof result.

Using 150 proof EverClear, I had to use Pearson's Square to figure it out. Once the spirit : water ratio is figured out, then I have to determine how much sugar to add to the water, as the ratio is less than 1:1.

I recorded how I figured things out. Now I just need to find where I put my notes ......

EverClear does a MUCH better job of extraction. However, sweetening is much simpler with 80 proof vodka. I make a 1:1 sugar syrup, and use 1 cup syrup with 3 cups limoncello base, to produce a 60 proof result.

Using 150 proof EverClear, I had to use Pearson's Square to figure it out. Once the spirit : water ratio is figured out, then I have to determine how much sugar to add to the water, as the ratio is less than 1:1.

I recorded how I figured things out. Now I just need to find where I put my notes ......
My syrup ratio is 4:4. My neighbors love it, LOL

Back