George in print

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimCook

Reaction score
The latest issue of WineMaker Magazine comes in and there's 1/3 of an article by George - woo hoo! While he wasn't pictured, he of course had sage things to say in regards to economizing expenditures in winemaking.

Nicelydone, George!

- Jim

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

I was surprised when I opened my issue and saw his article!!
smiley4.gif

And he hit it right on the money about "saving" money by not giving away so much wine to family and friends!! I am guilty guilty guilty!!! haha
Great article!!

ibeglowin, hands down, this is the largest comment I have seen in this forum!! Worth it tho!!! HOORAY GEORGE!!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

oh boy - I knew I should have subscribed! I'm going to have to buy that issue!

Thanks to all. I was surprised when they contacted me and was happy to help. They asked for my picture, but I thought the logo would be better for business than my old mug!

Unfortunately, they could not print what I really wanted to say about cheaping out in this hobby. My bottom line is that it is already extremely affordable compared to store bought wines. Every wine maker I know of that has tried to cheap out has been dissapointed with their wine.Wine making is exactly like life. You get out of it what you put into it, nothing more, nothing less.

You must be caught up with orders if you have time to peruse your own forum site!

Nice to see you have time to relax for a bit.
smiley1.gif

Just barely. I heard about the cork post and felt I needed to clarify some points. If sales keep up, we will have to move by next summer and we have only been in this place for 2 years. With the economy being as it is, I am hoping to get a real good deal on 11-12,000 feet. We currently have 4,000 feet.

Go GEORGE Go!!!

We are all proud of you and glad that you are doing well - - -

sent you a newbie today - - - Steve

later

rrawhide
</font></font>

We are sending Steve's order out tomorrow and the referral credit should be in your inbox. Thanks for the referral.

Excellent article, George. I remember when we would buy a bottle of wine to take to a friends house for dinner. Now we take three or four since we have been making it. I did work out a great deal though with some friends. They buy the kit and I make it and then we split the finished bottles evenly.

Wow! Thats amazing in this economy especially.

You have certainly found the empty wine making niche and filled it with good prices and service to boot. I have looked at every store in and around NM and you are by far the best hands down. Most cater to beer makers and have very little wine making supplies and or kits. What they do have is usually over 12 months old and they are asking 15-30% more than Fine Vine Wines.

I have been happily voting with my feet (and credit card) to George.

Your hard work has paid off and it is a pleasure to do business with you!

smiley32.gif

runningwolf said:
Excellent article, George. I remember when we would buy a bottle of wine to take to a friends house for dinner. Now we take three or four since we have been making it. I did work out a great deal though with some friends. They buy the kit and I make it and then we split the finished bottles evenly.
Sweet deal, runningwolf. I need to find some friends like that!

Excellent article, George!
smiley32.gif
You are so very right about cheap corks. And to think that people can't understand that we don't want their old corks when they bring us bottles!
smiley19.gif

Latest posts

Back