Generic Lemon Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumjump

Reaction score
I've been trying for 4 days now to get a second batch of Skeeter going. It seems that Wal-Mart and my local store is all out of Real Lemon. I was wondering if I could use the store's generic brand. It says "Reconstitued lemon Juice Natural Strenght on the front labe. Here are the ingredient list:
water, lemon juice concentrate, sodium bisulfite(preservative), sodium benzoate(preservative) and lemon oil.

I've been trying for 4 days now to get a second batch of Skeeter going. It seems that Wal-Mart and my local store is all out of Real Lemon. I was wondering if I could use the store's generic brand. It says "Reconstitued lemon Juice Natural Strenght on the front labe. Here are the ingredient list:
water, lemon juice concentrate, sodium bisulfite(preservative), sodium benzoate(preservative) and lemon oil.

If you're making Skeeter Pee using the web recipe, you will be fine. Those are the same ingredients as Realemon. Actual levels may vary some though.

I tried a batch using generic lemon juice and could not get it to clear no matter what I tried.

My first batch was with a generic store brand (not Wal Mart), and started with the slurry from an apple wine. I followed the original recipe to the "T", and everything was perfect.

I had a friend pick up some lemon juice for one of my batches and he got the generic. It worked just fine. As Lon said, same ingredients as the RealLemon

Latest posts

Back