Other FWK - Oh SO Strawberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well one thing I see is, the instructions that were included in my kit was for the tavola white wines and on line they have instructions for the frutta series that explains the two packs of conditioner. But the frutta series instructions do not have info on the carbon. So I guess the need to make some improvements on the instructions a little better. Maybe update the frutta instruction with the carbon details.

It just seams there a whole lot of tweaking to make these kit doable.
We talked about building structure that’s about what you need to do with these kits.
I have the reds and the work load isn’t as bad the products finish is good .
why so much for a white or fruit wine KIT ? Which should be simpler? Just my thoughts don’t bit my head off.

Should I just add them or do a bench test to see how much to add, like I would do when I back sweeten?
Bench test. You can't go wrong being careful, especially as taking some out is often quite difficult. ;)

why so much for a white or fruit wine KIT ? Which should be simpler? Just my thoughts don’t bit my head off.
Matteo explained this in another thread -- the lack of pasteurization leaves the whites (and apparently fruits) susceptible to browning, which is a different type of oxidation. This can make the wine dark -- and fresh white juice can be subject to it as well.

I believe my Frutta said to add one of the conditioners at Stabilizing and then at bottling, add the other one to taste. I used 1 2/3's in total.

It just seams there a whole lot of tweaking to make these kit doable.
We talked about building structure that’s about what you need to do with these kits.
I have the reds and the work load isn’t as bad the products finish is good .
I don't think it's that much different, it's just that it's a change in process from the original product launch. The wine conditioner is just an RTU commercial F PAC

Bench test. You can't go wrong being careful, especially as taking some out is often quite difficult. ;)

Matteo explained this in another thread -- the lack of pasteurization leaves the whites (and apparently fruits) susceptible to browning, which is a different type of oxidation. This can make the wine dark -- and fresh white juice can be subject to it as well.
Still waiting for my replacement Chardenay kit that’s been months now..

I had a Strawberry kit in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks. I won’t get to start it at least until this weekend. Is that ok ? Also I’m traveling the weekend after Mother’s Day. Will I be ok to rack and stabilize after the 2 week fermentation?
Thanks, Bakervinyard

Back