Funny winemaking stories

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone got any funny personal winemaking stories? Any "friendly rivalries", etc? I'll go first...

I had brought a good friend of mine into winemaking. We always tease each other, but it is always good natured. For example, he has always called my wine "putrid swill" and I had always called his "toejam tonic".

Well, It just so happened that we ended up at the grape supply store at the same time. The owner has put up some pictures of his customers (mine being one of them).

My friend said (in front of as many people as possible) "I was feeling great, until I started looking at the pictures. All of a sudden, I felt nauseas."

Without batting an eye, I replied "Now you know how I feel when I taste your wine".

As one loud voice, everybody around us said "OOOOOOO!" followed by a lot of laughter.

This sounds cruel, but we all had smiles knowing we were just kidding around.

It looks like you are the only one in a confessing mood. My only exciting story was dropping a full 5 gallon carboy. After cleanup, the bottom of the wet-dry vac came loose and spilled 5 gallons in another spot.

I was slightly annoyed. :m

Latest posts

Back