FruitTrees near the Vinyard?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danno

Junior
Reaction score
I'm thinking about planting some fruit trees (appple, peach, plum, pear, cherry) near my vinyard. Would this potentially bring more pests such as birds, insects, fungi, etc to the vinyard?

My wineyard has apple and pear trees about 25 45 feet away. We also have a 2 large raspberry patches on 2 of the other sides. If you are limited on space you dont have much choose. I do have 2 acres but still space is tight. We have 1\4 acre of this is just veggie garden. I dont really see more pressure from pests as almost the same spray program works for all. Just need to be aware of what you are spraying if you are spraying and when. Also need to get the good pests.

2 honeycrisp, 1 red delicious, 1 older tree I did not plant but the apples are yellow and very early. They make good applesauce. I have not made wine out of it yet. This year I did add 20 lbs of Honeycrisp apples to 3 gal of cranberry juice that came from the local bog. Also have 1 bartlett pear tree. These trees are on the East and North sides of the grape vines.

Back