Fruit Press Sanitation ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunky

Junior
Reaction score
I picked up this old Fruit Press, and want to use it for Pressing apples and Pears, But I need to know what the best way to clean and Sanitize it before I use it ?

00a0a_42qS4Ktvfwd_600x450.jpeg

Just simply wash it well then spray it with a k-meta solution. Nice press!

I would personally use this product; https://www.piwine.com/catalog.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=49
Keep in mind this product should only be used outdoors on your "juice" producing equipment. Rinse well with water after letting it sit for 5-10 minutes. Do not use it around finished or fermenting wine.

Master Kleen Plus VF41 Cleaner, 1 gallon

Price per Unit (piece): $42.16

Master Kleen Plus VF41 Cleaner, 1 gallon. Chlorinated alkaline foam cleaner which can be sprayed on and will cling for deep claning using the Hose End Foamer (HEF) or another commercial foamer. Master Kleen Plus may be brushed on though it may not adhere as effectively.

Think of all the stuff already on the fruit. As long as you hose it off well, why worry about actually sterilizing it? I've used that approach for a decade without issues. Worry about what gets in contact with the must AFTER you have it in a container and have applied sulfite...within reason.

Latest posts

Back