Frozen welch grape concentrate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pro_coupe34

Junior
Reaction score
Im sure everyone tried this method, by using welch grape concentrate with water and sugar and wine yeast. So Im a first timer at this method actually a first time wine maker. so my question is how long does it take for this procedure?
:rdo

25 years...once you start, you're hooked!

Tons of info on Welches wine, but generally crap wine in a month, better wine in 3 months and a year for something fair.

Welches wine will never be great, but its a start. I'm not a fan of alcoholic PB & J sandwiches...

Pro_coupe 34 I am also new to all of this. I have been lurking here for a couple months now. I can say that there is a wealth of information here. I think the best thing you can do is read as much as you can, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here. They also seem to jump into help out as much as they have time for with info.
I just started a white grape and peach using half frozen concentrate and half juice. I could only get the white grape in the frozen. I have searched everywhere for the grape and peach in the frozen concentrate and can not find it.:ft

ProCoupe34 - I've only been making wine since last November, but I found that the Welches White Grape concentrate + whatever fruit seems to be ready quicker than the Concord Grape concentrate. Haven't used the red one yet.

I originally made a white grape using a Jack Keller's recipe and added raspberries in a bag during fermentation and then added a large f-pack after all had settled down and my wife loves it (at only 4 months). And giving my wife enjoyment was my initial reason to make wine, mission accomplished.

I think it is a great way to cheaply experiment and start learning techniques we will be able to use later on higher priced ingredients.

BTW, welcome to the forums!

Craig

pro_coupe34 hello and welcome ;-)

carol15 from what ive read online there has been a scarcity of some grape juices over the last 2 years or so, apparently due to poor crops.

PhilDarby - Well the crops not producing makes sense, I have been looking for awhile. So I finally just picked up 6 white grape frozen concentrates and 6 bottles of white grape and peach. I added 1 lb of golden raisins...it just didn't seem right not having some real fruit in it. :h

Craig - you are right, the juice is cheaper on the pocket book to practice on.

Thank you for the welcome.

Welcome to the forum to those who are new. Please be sure to post an introduction on that thread so all can get to know who you are.
Heather

Everyone has to make The Welch's at least once. There are a few that always catch the new guy's eye. EdWort's Apfelwein, Joe's Ancient Orange (JAOM), DangerDave's Dragon Blood, Lon D's Skeeter Pee.

If you look at the success that Dave's Dragon Blood has, you'll see that there are some that need to be repeated many times.
2012, Was when I made a JAOM, my first wine ever. That's what got me into Winemaking. I've made a lot better Meads since.
They get the excitement rolling for a lot of people.

Last edited:
frozen juices

hey welcome to the group. just wanted to say that if your going to make wine which if your here your already hooked so its useless to resist. don't let anyone tell you that this wine is crappy or that wine is the best unless your entering competitions the only taste buds you need to satisfy are your own. if you learn proper wine making , which the people on here can teach you . you can make good wine out of anything. also there are a ton of things you can experiment with using plain frozen white grape as your starting base. so try it all kits, juice buckets, frozen juice, fresh. happy making /happy drinking /happy living :r

We are also new to this hobby, and it is addicting. Using Welches or Old Orchard juice is great in making some quick wines. You can make it and drink it in 90 days. But it does get better as it ages. It is nice to have something that you can drink while waiting for some to age.

Just to inform everyone, I tested my wine with some friends at work, they gave me the thumbs up. Actually I dont know what I did right..... I do know this there is a lot of info on this site. First time wine maker and having fun..... and learning.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Try it you might like it. There are a lot of frozen juices- blueberry/pomegranit etc. I'm sure there are at least a few that would be good and depending on your taste??? Happy Wining!

The frozen concentrates are ok, but a cheap kit is better. Just add sugar to increase the ABV and follow the instructions the rest of the way. My inlaws love every one that I make.

Welcome to the forum. We are newbies also, but we have made many batches from wine kits to Dragon Blood to Skeeter pee. We also have used frozen juice concentrates and also bottled juices and even have used jam to make wines. What is nice about frozen juice concentrates is the many different flavors out there that you can try depending on your own taste and the frozen concentrates are cheaper than kits. So far we have good luck with any of the different flavors and we are planning on making many more in the future. Be prepared this hobby is very addictive.

Back