Frozen Juice - do i need to re-treat?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckvchestnut

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I'm new to winemaking and have just started 2 - 5 gallon batches of elderberry wine and prepared some juice for 2 - 5 gallon batches of elderberry blush. I added the campden, the yeast nutrients and the pectic enzyme and then decided to keep my fruits longer in my first 2 elderberry primaries. So I decided to freeze this juice in the primaries so it wouldn't spoil while waiting for my fruit to fully ferment in the other 2 primaries.

Do I have to re-treat this juice at the very least with the pectic enzymes? This juice had the enzyme and the fruit in it for 24 hours prior to me taking the fruit out and putting it back into other 2 batches and freezing. The fermented fruit will go back in again tomorrow. Thanks in advance for any advice!

I wouldn't think so. But pectic enzyme is something that adds no flavor or anything else so you could to be safe and it would be OK.

Thanks very much! Just wasn't sure if the would kill them or what not so I'll put more in today when the juice is closer to room temp!

Latest posts

Back