Friday night dinner

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimCook

Reaction score
Last night, two friends visited with Mila and I and we enjoyed chicken breasts stuffed with caramelized apples, cherries, and Fontina cheese along with pasta and a meat Bolognese sauce and some zucchini. The wine we consumed was a Kaesler WOMS (Weapons of Mass Seduction). Everything rocked. I'm salivating now a day later just typing about it.

20100123_140839_Stuffed_chicken.jpg

Not pictured was the appetizer of lime-tarragon shrimp served with small cucumber wedge slices.

- Jim

The wine isnt pictured either, and is that commercial wine you are talking about!
smiley35.gif

Appleman - somebody plays chef all the time, actually, but he just decided to post some of his meals when he hosts friends over.

Wade - You can bet your bottom dollar that Kaesler is a commercial wine. Coming from the heart of the Barossa Valley in Southern Australia, Kaesler makes Shiraz from vines that are old. Check it out: WOMS. We enjoyed the 2006 vintage and it's really developed since the last time I had a bottle.

- Jim

If it tasted half as good as it looks it had to be one awesome meal

Joan,

This was standard Barilla dried pasta, actually. The Giovanni Rana pasta (hands down the best filled pasta that I have ever tasted) has been gone for a couple of months. As I have to order it by the case, I need to make sure there's enough fridge space before I order it. I have learned that most Bolognese sauces are actually served with flat noodles to best cary the ragu. However, I did not have this shape of noodles, nor do I prefer them and the Italian judges were out so I took a chance. :)

Appleman - as the reigning 'cook' in the household, my beautiful bride is quite happy that I can cook well.
smiley20.gif
Our arrangement works very well - I cook and she cleans. It's a drag if you have to do both, although I clean as I go so it doesn't look like a volcano went off during dinner prep.

- Jim

Jim, looks like an awesome dinner. I am sure a good time was had by all.
smiley4.gif

I noticed I did not post the recipe for the stuffed chicken breasts. Here it is. I've made many varieties based on this, although I can say that the marinating of the chicken breasts listed in the online recipe I have found to be optional. I normally use a spice blend over the chicken before baking similar to a Moroccan style mix (ground pepper, cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, paprika, garlic powder mixed in olive oil and hand spread over the breasts) and forget the marinade.
- Jim