Fresh Tomato Tart

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
This really tastes like summer to meeven now during the dead of winter with bland tomatoes.
Fresh Tomato Tart

1 store-bought or homemade dough for tart shell
8 to 10 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus extra for garnish
<?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:time Minute="56" Hour="17">4 to 6</st1:time> plum tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Basil, chopped for garnish
Preheat oven: 400 degrees F. Line loose bottom tart pan with dough rolled out 1/8-inch thick. Spread bottom of pastry with shredded cheese and sprinkle with basil. Cover with tomato slices, arranging to cover as evenly as possible. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake 20 to 30 minutes. Watch carefully. When crust is golden and cheese is bubbly, remove. Garnish with fresh basil. Slice in wedges and serve warm.

20070125_173546_Tomato_Tart.JPG

That looks scrumptious. Wine or beer with that one? A little chopped bell pepper-maybe Italian pepper instead, and a touch of red peper flakes? The possibilities are almost endless. Now you have me drooooling......

I was actually drinking a Cru Select RQ_2004 Sangiovese Barbera Syrah which is coming up on 2 years old in March.

Masta,

Is the dough a pie crust or something else?

BTW looks like dinner tonight!

Ramona

It isa store bought pie crust that is placed in a tart pan with a removable bottom. The head chef says if you use a store bought crust you must spray the pan first or it will stick since it does not contain the same amount of fat as a homemade crust.

Tart Pan:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Very Nice Masta. I do alot of the cooking as well I need to send Pics

Back