Mosti Mondiale Fresh Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim M

Reaction score
George -

Do you have any idea after your visit to Mosti what the Fresh Juice (frozen) lineup will be this fall and the prices?

Thanks - Jim

I second that question!!

(And for those that made the Chilean juice this spring....early thoughts on the quality of the finished product??---sorry, don'tmean to hijack the thread...thought some folks could sneak in their early impressions on response!)

2007 Fresh Juice Tasting Notes at nine months bottled November 19, 2007: After decanting for an hour both lost most of the greenness and smoothed out considerably resulting in much better wines. Full bodied with nice flavors true to the varietals. Initial tasting notes below.

1) Cabernet Sauvignon/Petit Syrah 50/50 blend: At nine months has surpassed the red zin in big red flavors now, was very green initially but has smoothed out more and our tasting group now prefers this one. Needs more aging and progressing nicely. If it continues to improve with age at this pace in another nine months it will have be worth the wait.

2) Red Zinfandel/Shiraz 75/25 blend: Was much better early on than the Cab/Syrah blend, has developed a very fruity finish, still a bit green with potential. Comments were it is a totally different wine than the Cab/Syrah is now. Has not changed/progressed as much as the Cab/Syrah with aging to this point, definitely greener and will require more aging.

Both of these fresh juice bottles have more sediment and wine diamonds in the bottles than in any kit wine I have ever made. Hopefully that is a sign of the goodness available for continued aging as they are still too young to fully evaluate.

Its probably my fault regarding the sediment, used a two week fermentation until dry/completed in pail, racked then degassed, added clarifiers, carboy aged four weeks until clear, then bottled. Normally I wait longer to clear before bottling with kit wines but rushed it a bit to free up space for more fresh wine kits.

Edited by: fiat84

Latest posts

Back