WineXpert French Cabernet Sauvignon (Selection International)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOwino

Reaction score
I was thinking of trying this kit. Has anyone else here had success with it? Any tips or thoughts?

It's a good Cab to try at a fairly low price and with early drinking. If you consider spending a bit more and wait a year (or more), there's the WE Lodi Ranch Cab.

Tony P.

The Lodi is by far the best, expensive but very good. I would easily compare it to a 25.00 plus bottle.

Thanks for the good info I may consider the Lodi, it will depend on my overall costs. I am wanting to buy another equipment kit at the moment so I can have 2 batches going at once. I know it's small potatoes compared to some of you but for the moment it will be all I can afford. Baby steps!

If only my output matched my drinking, Lol!:slp

You will enjoy the Estate at 6 months and you could continue enjoying as long as you never try the Lodi, once that happens you will never want the Estate again. Lodi is good at 6 months and well, words can't explain the flavor at 1year or 2
If you like Cab you should try at least once......on my 4th kit

Thanks Rob. I am really more of a Norton guy but a good cab or pinot noir is always appreciated!

Thanks for the info. As soon as the Eclipse comes to the UK and it is not ridiculously priced, Lodi Cab will have the top priority.

Wookey

I'm looking forward to the Eclipse Lodi Cab, as it now contains the grape skin pack.
When you do the math, it only costs a small amount per bottle to upgrade to a better kit.

MOwino, my wife picked up two bottles of Norton on our last trip to visit family in MO. Looking forward to them.

Cheers!

I'm looking forward to the Eclipse Lodi Cab, as it now contains the grape skin pack.
Cheers!
It's a good thing I visit this BB, as Winexpert does not advertise their new products. I wonder why their IT people can't figure out that I might be interested in new products, but don't think I should have to search old locations to find new products. How long have the eclipse versions of the estate series kits been out?

It's a good thing I visit this BB, as Winexpert does not advertise their new products. I wonder why their IT people can't figure out that I might be interested in new products, but don't think I should have to search old locations to find new products. How long have the eclipse versions of the estate series kits been out?

The new Eclipse line just came out last week, replacing the Estate Series. Some reds from Estate are still there, but with skins added, such as the Cab.
Winexpert is doing a "soft launch" while they ship kits to the lower 48. Per my LHBS, they should be available in the Midwest at the end of this month or beginning of the next.

http://www.winexpert.com/products/ultra-premium/eclipse

When you do the math, it only costs a small amount per bottle to upgrade to a better kit.

MOwino, my wife picked up two bottles of Norton on our last trip to visit family in MO. Looking forward to them.

Cheers!

Any chance she got the Norton from Bommarito winery? Their Norton is OUTSTANDING. The best I've ever had.

Latest posts

Back