Free Wine Maker Magazine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildridge

Reaction score
I subscribe to Wine-Maker magazine. I got a renewal notice that says I can give it free to a friend for 1 year. I don't have a friend of family member who is interested. So, the first person who posts a reply to this message will receive my 1 year gift subscription. After the year is up, you can renew or unsubscribe. You will be contacted privately for your name and address.

PM'ed you with the address, Again, I appreciate it and as I said in my PM, don't know why I never subscribed to it, just never did for some reason.

You'll have to PM me with your address and send ya a couple of bottles for your kindness. Whataya drink, white, red, fresh fruit? Let me know.

I'm looking forward to trying somebodies wine other than mine for a change.

I've learned a lot from the magazine and the forums here. I don't post much in the forums, but I read a lot. I've certainly come a long, LONG, way from making muscadine wine with bread yeast in the utility room.

wildridge said:
I've certainly come a long, LONG, way from making muscadine wine with bread yeast in the utility room.

Unfortunately for you.................................... I haven't!
smiley36.gif

I know you'll want and like a Blackberry Port, perhaps not a traditional Port, but a nice home made attempt that is a very drinkable, after dinner with or without dessert type Port, let it age another year and you will really get the complexity of the Blackberry and Oak.

Now what else? Scuppernong? A Sweet, white wine.

Symphony, A dry White wine with complex melon flavors.

Rieslings of several types.

My best reds: Lodi, Old Vines Zin and a Stags leap Merlot. Both are excellent, but just bottled in the past couple of months, you would need to shelve these for at least another year. The one that is drinkable is the CC limited edition Barbera. A very good dry red wine.

Then there is the fruit wines, MM strawberry and Tangerine dream, IM Blackberry Merlot, Peach apricot.

then the other whites: Gerwitz, Piesporter, French Chardonnay and a Pinot Grigio that looks more like a dark Ale so I question it's integrity until such time it gets a few more months on it, then I'll try it.

You chose!

Go for the Blackberry port! The rest, just throw away!! Just kidding Jobe!!!!!
I hav a collection of Jobes wines and have only opened one. Trying to behave buts its getting harder to do so.

I've never had a port of any kind so the blackberry sounds like it might be a good start. I might even slip a little into a blackberry cake. The CC limited edition Barbera sounds great. This way I can have one to save and one to drink now.

You got it Wildridge, I'll get it boxed up, along with a box for Waldo and JW and try to get it out this week.

And remember, it's whats inside the bottle that counts..................

Ignore the labels............. I have gotten really lazy with labels.....

It’s great to see the sharing of one gift repaid with good wine from the other.
smiley1.gif
A win-win outcome.
smiley32.gif
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

And Jobe may learn a trick or two with the magazine to make a good wine even better and then he will send us all some samples of his World Famous Wild Prickly Pear Wine!

I wouldn't call it world famous............ 8th wonder goo of the world yes.........

I really want to get a black light and see if it'll glow in the dark. It has that effervescent pink/purple color that would be horrible to look at in a wine glass. I'm going to sweeten the one back with red grape concentrate so it may turn a better color, the rest?......... Dunno.

And I'll say it again.............. Be careful what you wish for!

I may package up that whole 3 gallons and send it somewhere in upstate NY for some fine tuning!
smiley36.gif

Taste is very hard to describe. When I ate the meat of the fruit for the first time, it was very good. My wife, I and my son tried it and all 3 of us thought it tasted like something different from cherries to plums to melons but we all agreed that it ended with a definite pear taste. Based on that I though it would make a great complex wine................................. It tricked me.............

I just went and tasted the plain, unoaked unsweetened version.................... bland taste that is not complex and not very appealing to the palette, nor is the color very eye appealing..............

But it's only in the secondary phase so we'll see where it ends up, but I think it will certainly need to be sweetened a bit.

My pear wine that I made was horrible when it was bottled and turned good pretty fast in the bottle.

There is a fruit in Malaysia called durian. Looks kind of like a prickly pear but bigger. Once cut into I'm told it smells horrible. Resorts that cater to tourists have signs on the way in with a picture of a durian with a red circle and slash - no durian allowed. It's supposed to taste great, however, and the Malay's love it.

Maybe I'll see if I can get in contact with any of my old associates in Malaysia and have them ship me a case to make durian wine. Have to do it in the back yard or SWMBO will kill me.

Hey Jobe,

Just wanted to let you know that I opened the Barbara last night. I had some with some barbeque. It's great...Lots of fruit flavors. Now if I can keep myself from opening the blackberry port before it's time. Nice label by the way. Thanks a bunch.

And it just keeps coming!

Got my first issue today!

How great are the people of this board and the Christmas Holiday!

Thanks Wildridge!

Back