Found out what wine is NOT good for!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobe05

Reaction score
Was sitting here using my laptop computer last week, looking at Masta's Blue Angels post when my son let our dog "Buddy" in:

2006-03-04_093841_100_0471.JPG

Now buddy...... Being the Daddies boy he is, Ran around the corner and jumped up on me, stretching out , knocking over my glass of Blueberry Melomel (of all things) right on to the key pad of my laptop! NOT GOOD!
smiley19.gif
After drying out for a week, it started right back up, but the keys stick a little. I will have to tear it down, wash everything, let it dry and reassemble...........
smiley5.gif

So I have finally found someting wine is not good for...........

You are very lucky the last one I seen that happen to started smoking, sizzling, and popping immediately! Lucky Dog
smiley36.gif

So jobe.....do all of your documents, e-mails, stc now begin with "Blue....
smiley36.gif

AWE, Buddy is cute. Just be thankful you can take your computer apart and put it back together again.
smiley5.gif

Look at those eyes! "I'm so sorry dad.
smiley19.gif
I didn't mean to... It's just that I love you so much...
smiley27.gif
It's tough being a dog some days... I promise I'll be your best friend forever... Just tell me you till love me...
smiley28.gif
"

PolishWineP said:
Look at those eyes! "I'm so sorry dad.
smiley19.gif
I didn't mean to... It's just that I love you so much...
smiley27.gif
It's tough being a dog some days... I promise I'll be your best friend forever... Just tell me you till love me...
smiley28.gif
"

I thinks it's more like "There, now play me! Give me a snack or something"

With such a cute picture I thought I would share this with everyone, a friend sent it to me the other day.
THIS IS SOME GOOD ADVICE!

If a dog was the teacher you would learn stuff like:
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be!
When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
Take naps.
Stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout..! run right back and make friends.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough.
Be loyal. Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.

My cats say:

When mom is sleeping, try to steal the buttons from her jammies and any jewelry she's wearing.

If you're hungry during the night, rattle the blinds until mom gets up to feed you.

When someone turns on the water in any bathroom, get there quick for a drink!

Never finish the food in your bowl. They may forget to feed you again and you need an emergency stash.

Help make the bed.

Leave a layer of your extra hair on everything. We don't want the humans to get cold.

When the suitcases come out, hop in. Maybe THIS time they will take you with them.

Wash mom and dad on the face and head when they're sleeping. They never wash each other or themselves that we see.

Help them run the computer, they obviously don't know what they're doing.

Try to help with the wine making. Theydon't appear to know what they're doing. They need you to rub up against everything and put your nose into any container you can find. They're only human!

Give them loves whenever you can. They look stressed and need our therapy.

2006-03-05_201323_Cats_in_chair.jpg

Polish Wine Princess

That is so true about cats, you described my cat perfectly
smiley36.gif

From my wife:

Letter to My Pets:

When I say to move, it means to go someplace else, not to switch positions with each other so there are still two of you in my way.
The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. All other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note that placing your paw print in the middle of MY plate and food does not stake a claim making it YOUR plate and food.
The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help in your quest to reach the bottom first, because I fall faster than you can run.
I cannot buy anything bigger than a king-sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think that I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort.
Dogs and cats actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to one another, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but animal sarcasm.
For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob, or get your paw under the edge of the door and try to pull it open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Honest. Also, I have been using the bathroom by myself for quite some time - canine or feline attendance is not mandatory.
I can't stress this one enough - kiss me, THEN go smell the other dog's/cat's behind.
To pacify you, my dear companions, I have posted the following notice on our front door:
Rules for Non-Pet Owners Who Visit andComplainAbout Our Pets -
1. The pets live here. You don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why it's call "fur"niture.)
3. To you, our pets are just animals. To us, they are adopted sons/daughters who happen to be hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.
4. Dogs and cats are better than kids because:
they don't ask for money all the time
they are easier to train
they usually come when called
they don't hang out with drug-using friends,
they don't need a gazillion dollars for a college

education, and - if they get pregnant,

you can sell their children.

What would we do without our pets?

The thing I like most about them is they don't care if you have had a bad day. They will be there to meet you at the door and let you know just how much they love you. When no one else seems to care, they do.

By the way, it is a fact that pet owners live longer than non-pet owners. Coincidence?

Latest posts

Back