Floor Corker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nafarmboy

Reaction score
Howdy, Do they call a floor corker a floor corker because you almost have to get on the floor to use them. Not any more. :) Been meaning to do this every since I used it the first time. Had a sturdy stool with a good wide base so Wasnt out nothing but a little time and a dollars worth of nuts and bolts. I think it will be more than worth the trouble.
Tom

20130108_003124.jpg

FB,

Awesome Idea, I have the same corker and was going to mount it on a work bench, but this is an even better idea. Your work space looks really nice, and clean!

Nice idea. Just remember when corking you are putting a bunch of pressure on the bottles. Keep your nose and eyes away as far as possible. Had a chunk pop out of a bottle when inserting the cork. At the time, didn't hurt anything, made a mess, but don't want anybody to get hurt. Arne.

Every time I bottle, I swear I'm gonna' raise mine some. Not as high as yours, but a bit higher.

Great idea and implementation!

Every time I bottle, I swear I'm gonna' raise mine some. Not as high as yours, but a bit higher.

Great idea and implementation!
It may be a little high, gonna try it tonight, got 2 boys of skeeter pee and a coastal red that are ready. Swmbo wanted to go into town to eat last night......when we got home it was to late to start bottling so I starting straightening up my area and I remembered how bad I hated bending over to use the corker, the stool was just sitting there, so wah lah, I thought I'd try it. If it is to tall, I guess I'll sit around thinking about lowering it for six months :)

How stable is it on that stool? You have significantly raised the center of gravity without broadening the base. Just be careful it doesn't tip over on you.

Greg, granted it is not near as stable as before but it is not to bad. I think it will be ok long as i am the one using it. Like i said earlier it was handy, once i get the height issue figured out i may come up with something better. I looked at pretty close when i was mounting the corker and i got it mounted for the best stability..
Tom

I got a floor corker for Christmas. I was thinking of making a raised platform for mine. I like the counter to work on nice and neat. Bakervinyard

Farmboy if you screw a piece of plywood to the legs it will give it a more stable foundation and will be less prone to tipping. My floor corker has the plywood sticking out a bit in front so i can stand on it. It works great. Necessity is the mother of all inventions lol.

Hmmmmm......

With all that open bench top on the counter behind you why didn't you just put it there for the short time your using it! LOL

That stool looks like it was made for a floor corker! Well done farmboy!

Bottled and corked nearly 9 cases tonight, what a backsaver having the corker elevated. No problems with stability at all. Mike, would have loved having it in the middle of the counter but when I hung the wall shelf I wasnt thinking about a corker and the handle of the corker wont raise without hitting the shelf, plus time you put the bottle tree, bottle sanitizer, corks, pump, and case to put the bottles after you cork them that big open space gets small pretty fast.

20130109_000018.jpg

20130108_191148.jpg

Back