WineXpert First Timer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome John, I'm only a couple of kits in front of you but you are far more adventurous than I. I've been keeping pretty close to the directions thus far. Great to see you willing to stretch the boundaries. I'm very curious on the Cabernet. Please continue to keep us updated.

Best, Fran

Move Cab to aging

Today I racked the cabernet from stabilization/clearing to aging in a 6 gallon glass carboy. It has cleared very well and is degassing good. The taste test was improved from last time. It is beginning to have a nice smooth bold taste with a good hint of fruit. My official wine taster is away visiting our children so time will tell.

I have another post about a Vino Italiano red that has been tweaked. That is my experiment to learn more. This is a very interesting hobby and I greatly appreciate all the help and support from all of you!

Fine Tuning Needed???

I saved a sample of the Cabernet for my wife to taste test. Her words...sour/tart and not bold enough. It was a pleasant taste, however, not as smooth and bold as she likes.

I am thinking of toning down the acidity and adding finishing tannin. Obviously continuing to age will help. Thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated!

Back