First timer in TX

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArdenS

Reaction score
Just introducing myself. I was given the basics of a kit for Christmas, then filled it out and bought a CC 5-week Amarone kit. It arrived last night in great shape (good job packing, George, although those peanuts drove the cat crazy - ain't static cling wonderful).

I got the kit in the primary this morning and guess I'll have the "joy" of practicing patience. Although this is my first wine batch, I've been reading this forum for some time now, and it looks like a great source of advice. Thank you to all you experienced folk out there.

Welcome to the forum and to wine making. Please be patient with that kit and it will reward you. I am about ready to bottle mine (the showcase Amarone) in a couple of days. Last taste showed much promise!
VC

Welcome Arden! Santa has brought you a great gift! Hang on tight! You are in for a wonderful ride! =)

Welcome aboard, Arden. I hope you will continue to enjoy the forum. I also hope you order an early drinking kit or you are going to be soooo tempted to get into that Amarone before it's time.
smiley1.gif

practicing patience just started....set your mind now to making sure that you will let some age after bottling....decide on a percentage that you will not touch for 6 mos, 9 mos, 1yr, 1.5 yrs and even 2 yrs etc

you will never EVER discover what you are missing in winemaking if you do not let the wine teach you what it is capable of...if given....time

so go order your second and third kit now

I like that idea of setting a certain percentage aside for different time periods. Great advice. Being a beginner I'm still working on collecting bits & pieces (like bottles), so am trying not to break the bank.

welcome arden,just remember patience and taste,to very key ingredience in scheme of wine making no matter what type your into,,,,,,

South Dallas -- Yes I know, why haven't I been to the Winemaker's Toy Store? No excuse; just lazy I guess.

Welcome Arden.

I visited FVW last week. Being in south Texas I don't get there often but it's worth the time to go visit George's store. In-person is a great experience!

Wayne

Another Texas newbie!
smiley1.gif
yay! Having FVW close by is awesome. I am already coming to understand what an invaluable resource the store and George will turn out to be!

Welcome!
Melissa

Back