First Red Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinoSorez

Junior
Reaction score
I want to make a red grape wine, I've brewed beer for quite a while and also have DB in the fermentor at the moment, but I'd like to start making grape wine as that is by far my favorite. I love dry reds. I live in Wisconsin and am wondering how I start? Where can i get fresh, frozen grapes, must, concentrates, pails?

I would start with a wine kit. get the procedure down and then go to real grapes. fist place to look for grapes is in the neighbor hood for any wineries or vineyards . purchase grapes from them. visit you local hobby shop see if they do a bulk purchase of grapes or juice. visit Musto Grape company.

DinoSorez, Being fairly new to the wine family one of the things that I ran across was googling "(your state)Wine Trails. By visiting these wineries you can pick up some valuable info such as locals who may sell or offer U-Pick. The wineries are also a good source for used wine bottles. You may already know all this but in case you didn't..,

Back