First Kit Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWMINNESOTA

Reaction score
The Pinot Grigio is coming along well, should be stabilizing and clearing around Tuesday.
20070310_052111_PINOTGRIGIO.jpg
First kit wine for me, gotta love it!

I love the slight green tint of the grigio. My Vintner's Reserve Grigio looked exactly the same

LMAOROFL

Only thing that I would say is for your your first completed kit something a "little" more elegant might be in order.

Still laughing thinking of the verosciuos dog!!!!!

Wine is looking greatEdited by: docbee

The Mad Dog Grigio Chuppacabra is moving right along, sg .993 yesterday and today, so on to stabilising and clearing step. Hard to stir it all up when looking so clear, back to mud wine for a few days!
20070312_163602_StabClear.jpg

Wow... Yours is SOoooooo much lighter than mine. Mine is almost a brown color. I just added the clearing agents and it has lightened up a little, but still very dark.

Jobe,I dunno if thats good or bad, or maybe just the light from picture angle... this was taken about 30 min after I added the clearing agents. Compared to the look before I did, it was very clear, and now very cloudy.

Here's a pic of mine:

20070312_165459_100_1740_resize.jpg

Here's a pic of all of them: for contrast purposes (and to drive Wade nuts, the blackberry Port is on the right....LOL)

20070312_165627_100_1739_resize.jpg

The five gallon, and the 2 liter smaller bottle in front is the Pinot Grigio. It is a little clearer than it was yesturday when I added the clearing agent, so we'll see, but it's a whole lot darker than yours appears to be. Mine is a Heron Bay Kit by the way.

We are in the final stages, clearing very well, taste excellent I must say (yeah,I tried a "little") Has that zip of a Grigio, so must be headed in right direction. Ready to bottle in a week or so.
20070317_153435_Finalstage.jpg

Just to see if there is any difference in filter vs non filtered, and since this carboy was only five gallon, and I had a gallon in a one gallon carboy...Ifiltered the gallon, and doing this one without. Good way to see I think. Even dressed her up a bit for Doc!
20070317_153722_PinotFilter.jpg
Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

Latest posts

Back