WineXpert First batch bottled

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindyjo

Reaction score
I have 25 beautiful bottles of Reisling standing in a row
smiley4.gif
We botled and corked this morning and after a brief phone call with George things went smoothly. Thanks for your help, George and yes I will be buying everything from you in the future. Thanks also to everyone who responded to my multiple questions. I am sure I will have more when I start the next batch. I took a little taste and was pleased with the results, I am going to try to wait a month or two to open one of the bottles as I am sure the taste will improve.

So where are the pictures and the test bottle?
Oh, I mean CONGRATULATIONS, Well Done!. Now you're on the slippery slope.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Congrats cindyjo, I bet you cant wait to start your next one. Any idea what that might be?

Ohhh how I remember my first.............
BOTTLING! come on guys, take your mind out of the gutter!

Congrats cindyjo. You never forget your first one. Glad you had George as a backup, he's wonderful.

Congratulations cindyjo...we want pics
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

Thanks for all your good wishes. Now I know what you all talk about when you say it is hard to wait. The little taste I had seemed a little thin so I hope it gets more depth with aging if you know what I mean. I prefer white and have already purchased a pinot grigio kit from George. I am not sure if I want to start it yet as, so far, I am doingwine makingin my kitchen and it may be in the way of my Christmas cooking and baking. My husband is pushing me to start the kit now so maybe... I will take pictures and post them, maybe tomorrow. Need hubby's help on that too. He is good to have around

Cindyjo, if you like whites (so do my wife and I), the French Chardonnay is a must have wine. Use Tim's Buttery Chardonnay technic and you won't be dissapointed. If sweeter is your thing, a nice Johannisburg Reisling should be your calling. However......... it doesn't matter....... in time, you'll make them all. I was just surprised with the french Chardonnay, for such a good wine, was such an early drinker. Although I haven't made it yet, I don't think you'll be dissapointed with the pinot grig either. Looks like it won't be long before you'll be ordering another fermenter and a couple of carboys.......
smiley36.gif

Always glad to help. I will have to admit that I was a little concerned after our call as not everyone gets the "how to start a siphon". I was relieved when my brother Mark told me you had called and said that the bottling went smoothly. Please, feel free to call anytime.

Thanks jobe05 for the recommendation on the French Chardonnay, perhaps that will be after the Pinot. The J reisling is what I just bottled. We will see how many carboys I ended up with, I do have a space problem. I really appreciated your advice George, we just were not thinking to use water to start the siphon. I was looking at the auto siphons in your catalogue last night. HMMM, Christmas is coming, maybe Santa will bring me one.

Cinyjo, you have to look at it this way, the winemaking stuff is not in
your way for Christmas cooking and baking. It's the Christmas cooking
and baking thats in your way for winemaking! Guess your going to have
to eat out.
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back