Filtration question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

euphio

Reaction score
I have a Winexpert Sangiovese kit in the secondary fermentation stage. This is the first wine I've ever made. I don't have any filtration equipment (yet). Do I truly need to filter this into the bottles?

I have a Winexpert Sangiovese kit in the secondary fermentation stage. This is the first wine I've ever made. I don't have any filtration equipment (yet). Do I truly need to filter this into the bottles?
No you do not need to filter this wine. On any of my red wines, I never filter them but I allow enough time in the Carboy to completely settle out. Usually 1 year in the carboy racking once every three months. Then I bottle and wait another year.

But when you are ready to move up to the world of filtering, consider the All-In-One Wine Pump, because Steve can give you the details on how to setup household in-line filter system with it.....so simple even this cavewoman did it! Not to mention all the added benefits of his system: ease of racking, degassing, bottling. Was the first major investment for me and worth every red cent!! Just saying.

Back