Mosti Mondiale Fantazia kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyguy65

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has completed one of the MM Fantazia kits. We have a Tangerine white Zin in the works and have racked it then degassed for 24 hours as stated in the instructions and it appeared very clear until we added the clarifiers and F-pack. About 2 hours later it dropped alot of sediment (1/2" or so) which really surprised us because it was very clear prior to the additions. Is this normal ? Is there that much sediment in the F-pack? It seemed clear when we added it.

Chevy, sorry for the late responce.

I have this kit and a strawberry going right now. They were ready for clarification a week and a half ago but I let them go because I was leaving town for a week and they wern't quite there yet. When I got to them on Saturday morning, both were crystal clear. I racked off the lees, added the meta and sorbate and left for 24 hours. Sunday I added the F pack (only one bag came with each kit, even though the instructions say to add "Both Bags" in each kit indicating there should be 2 f packs) (perhaps George can clear that up). and tonight it is still crystal clear, with only a couple small white chunks floating around when stirred up. The chunks (particles) are propably from the meta not being mixed well and laying there or solids in the sugar from the F pack. I will filter, so they will be of no issue.

I have started de-gassing and have seen no difference between this kit and any other kit as far as quantity of gas so far, but a couple of more degassing sessions will tell me more.

If all goes well, I will probably bottle these this coming weekend.

Wheres the beef, um, I mean pictures!
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back