FALL BOUNTY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Was a threat of frost last night, so picked the last of the grapes the night before and processed the juice yesterday...
The Swenson Red grapes didn't get very red, but were sweet and juicy and wanted to fall off the clusters when touched...This was one vine...first year of production...

20060920_062511_Swenson_Small.jpg

Clusters were long and loose...

20060920_062616_long_clusters_S.jpg

These grapes are good table grapes and suppose to keep long in the fridge.....think it is a worthwhile grape...

So, the past 2 days were spent picking and covering...boxes of produce given away...then the neighbor shows up after dark with boxes of watermelon... Everyone has such bounties, after such a drought we were still blessed with more than we can use...
Also harvested some pretty things that are still blooming....

20060920_063006_bounty_Small.jpg

Got down to 34*...NO frost...life is good!!!!
No frost in sight for days ahead!!!Edited by: Northern Winos

Now those look delicious! You will probably have enough of those next year for a small batch of wine and juice, and eating grapes!
smiley20.gif

NW,

I love your posts. You always have wonderful photos and make me wish I had more property to plant grow crops on!

Those grapes look delicious and so many for the first year.

It doesn't take much land to grow stuff, many things can be grown in a bucket of dirt, in pots, on balconies on decks....
Make do with what you got...you lucky people with farmer's markets in your cities...got it all....and you don't have to get your hands dirty!!!!
smiley4.gif

But you have to have a pocket full of money to pay the price, at least here in Dayton, Ohio. Actually, We have pick-your-own fields of various fruits and veggies that are very close. Apples are the fruit of choice right now, and pumpkins will be here soon as well. Going to try a pumpkin wine this year.

The grapes look "liscious" wino....The fruits of your labor will reward you well.

Latest posts

Back