WineXpert Exotic fruit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, Anyone know what the fruits are in the Island Mist, White Zinfandel with exotic fruit?

Thanks

From the Winexpert web-site
Exotic Fruits White Zinfandel

A fantastic pairing of the natural berry and plum flavours of White Zinfandel with a host of luscious fruits including blackberry, strawberry, passionfruit and blackcurrant. This clever combination unleashes a full fruit intensity with a wonderfully balanced, slightly tangy finish.
DoctorCAD:

I don't know if the Fruit packs are artificial or natural or a mixture of the two. In the past, when this point has been raised, other posters said that they felt that they were natural. I also recall somebody mentioning what it said on the box. Perhaps somebody with a box can let us know what it says.

Steve

Thanks. I should have looked on the Wine Expert web site for a description first. I may also call them to see if the flavors are real fruit or artificial in the F pack.

Hi Mike, a couple of us have posted on this kit before, and agreed that it as an odd...not so yummy...artificial taste. I actually ended up dumping all of it out. Even after letting it sit bottled for a few months.

But then everyone's taste is different.

I made this one this past Spring. My wife wanted to try something different from the other Mist kits she normally enjoys. In anticipation of a lackluster flavor, I added some fresh blueberries to the primary. In the end, we decided never to make this kit again. The end product was strangely "fruit flavored" without anything distinguishable. Kinda like Fruit Stripe Gum. It elicited an enthusiastic "mmmm" quickly followed by a disappointed "awwwww"). Plain, unimpressive, flat, etc.

My wife said she'll finish it, but she doesn't want any more. :s

Bottom line: you will never get a straight answer on this, but you can safely assume at least some artificial flavor. Even their regular VR kits show "natural and/or artifical flavours" in the ingredient list.

LOL Very well said Dave, "fruit stripe gum"! Yeah it's pretty bad. :) And, I personally like most of the mist wines I have tried.

I thought the same about the flavor with this one. I also made the White Merlot with Strawberry and everyone preferred that one. Unfortunately I ordered 2 of each earlier in year and just made the 2nd batches of each last weekend. I think I will split the White Merlot strawberry F pack between both the White Merlot and the Zin, and see how the Zin tastes.

Thanks for the feed back

This is really odd. Maybe we have odd taste but this is one of our favorite IM kits. We liked the first one so much that we have now made a second kit. The white cranberry Pinot Gris is our favorite. The strawberry white Merlot is also high on our list. Different strokes for different folks I guess. This kit and blueberries seems like a bad combination. I can see where it would taste funky but I don't think you can blame that on the kit.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Back