End to this Maddness

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyB

Junior
Reaction score
This board replies to questions faster than I can reply. I've been out for a few days and the comments left to respond to are overwhelming.

Thanks to everyone!

I have 2 kits Clarifying with 2 more in primary fermentation. The Noble Chianti sounds like a freight train in the primary fermentation. 3-more kits on the ground and have only been at this for 4-weeks. Is there an end to this madness?

Converted my "Darkroom", for those of you that remember old fashion photography, into my Brew room. Figure I can have a max of 24 carboys going at 1 time... Converted my saltwater aquarium room to an A/V closet. My garage is a woodworking and metal working shop. My wine cellar can only hold around 200 750-ML bottles and 30 Champagne/Magnum bottles. Looks like I have some building to do!

Biggest problem is that I live about 5-minutes from an excellent brew shop and 30-minutes form George!

I think I need a bigger house!

Thanks to all,

Randy, welcome to the club! You've been bitten hard. Congratulations and keep up the good work!!
smiley4.gif

Randy Welcome !
smiley32.gif

You will get all the answers here. Your hobby err.. obsession i'm sure will be shared with your "new" friends. LOL

HI Randy and Welcome!!!! I, like you are new to wine making and this forum(Dec. 2008), I'm having a blast!!! All of the people here are very friendly and helpful... Itis a good thing that I don't live that close to George... I don't know what my obsession would be like.
Keep up the good work,
Darryl

Wow Randy, looks like you started fast and furious! Glad to have you aboard!

I think "Tepe" stated it best; I have obsessions as to my hobbies! My wife actually took pictures of me tonight, with my Carboys, so she could show them to her friends. This way she could add Wine as to my "hobby of the Week". My wife is a Golf fanatic, so she has little room to speak. I can't wait until they want some of the Home brew. We go through 1 to 4 bottles a night due to entertaining. Keep in mind that I am a Scotch drinker, the cheap kind. Save my money for Cigars. Hopefully, when the time comes, I will have to ration the home brew.

Randy? Randy! Wake up! You've died and gone to heaven! You had rooms available already for your hobby! You're close to George and an home brew shop. And knowing the area well I know there are loads of good restaurants for those nights when you've been too busy making wine to cook!
I love your description of the fermentation of the Chianti!
smiley32.gif

Randy,
You are not only "hooked" on the hobby but you will find yourself up at 0300 checking the forum too!
I know I've seen posts from the PWP about that time.

Back