WineXpert Elderflowers Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B M W

Reaction score
I have the Selection Limited Edition German Gewürztraminer kit, it came with a pack of elderflowers and the instructions don't say when to add them. I'm guessing I should add them in place of the oak in step one, but thought I would ask some of the more expert wine makers here rather than take a chance on ruining this kit. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Melanie

The elderflowers should be added to the primary in addition to the oak In Step 1
"5. If your wine kit contains oak or elderflowers, tear open the package(s) and sprinkle them into the primary fermenter now. If your kit has more than one package of oak, add them all. Stir them under the surface of the liquid."<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I did the exact kit a couple of years ago and I added them during fermentation. They are heck getting out of the wine. I just racked mine through the screen on my funnel, although cheese cloth in the funnel may have been easier as you don't need anything as fine as that screen.

You'll like this wine. Keep us posted.

Thanks for the answers. I will get this one going tonight.

Latest posts

Back