Elderberry offer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve in KC

Reaction score
I live about 38 miles north of Kansas City, MO and there are at least 3 patches I've found that have probably a combined 60-75 lbs of elderberries hanging, ready-ripe and ready for picking! If you would be interested in picking them, just reply to this post, send me a PM or an email.

two of the three patches are on the easement in back country roads and the third is in a field that I have permission to pick in.

Just let me know!

Wish I was around there Steve. Quite nice of you to offer up this bounty!

Thanks Wade.

I had a couple from Arkansas drive all the way up here and pick with me on Saturday. We had a blast, that is, until the rain arrived. We got in a little over an hour's worth of picking and filled both the coolers they brought with them. We're estimating we picked right at 30-35lbs of destemmed berries.

That was only about 1/2 of patch number 1. The berries in this patch were spread out a bit, however, the other two spots are highly concentrated and are SO purple, well, they just JUMPED out at me from the side of the road!

If I get no takers, I will probably go back on Saturday and pick, pick, pick. If I do go back and pick by myself, it will definitely allow me to experiment:
3lb/gallon
10/gallon
straight juice
a portion of each oaked.

I'm more than happy to share my spots. I've already picked 20+ lbs for myself and boy ..... there are STILL more berries to be had!!!

That sounds like a goo experiment. Im not to sure about the all juice 1 as most need to be diluted but when you have that many why not try and find out. Do you have lots of testing supplies?

Latest posts

Back